I'm kinda new at this blogging stuff so bear with me. My grateful thanks to BJ & Carl for bringing to reality an idea that my sisters & I had years ago.....a cook book with our family recipes which express the northern Italian taste! "Mangia...y'all" does this and more since it also recognizes our southern branch of the family with their recipes. Family dinners..both north & south are memorable occasions which live on in memory & heart...especially for those who are no longer with us especially my beloved Marie, my parents & my sisters who I know are smiling as they see this book come to life.
As BJ told me, the book is in digital form so we can update it as we go along & perhaps consider printing an updated version, so all you family members send us your favorite recipes & stories about family & food.
God Bless
Very proud to be a member of this family - and a follower of this blog! Love, BJ
ReplyDeleteThis has been a wonderful experience for me and a way to connect the "halves" of our family; me and Bob and Carl and Liz. The memories are different for each of us; where one forgets, the others remember. I forget that Carl and Liz did not experience growing up in the same way that Bob and I did, so it is fascinating to read what they remember and cherish about our family.
ReplyDeleteI am so looking forward to receiving my official copy!
Hey Ya'll,
ReplyDeleteCouldn't wait to get to my mom's to share this book with my her and my brother and sister! In scanning quickly thru the pages memories of delicious smells from summertime past came rushing back. Those were the times when my cousins from New York would come to visit us in Georgia and after a quick visit from them our Southern drawls would be accented with a little "yankee" in there! Summer nights with sparklers in hand and a picnic table lined with fried fish, french fries, and hush puppies were all one needs for memories to be kept alive and pasted down to our own children. Many thanks to our northern cousins for keeping this memory alive! Miss you all, Angie, Holly , Wes and Aunt Caleen
Ambrosia, Angie, don't forget the abrosia! The book is a wonderful trip down memory lane. Thos summer nights in Douglas, where I could run around barefoot, eat that incredible hand churned ice cream, and ride around in Uncle T's extremely cool T-Bird. And don't think that we didn't go back to Long Island sporting a few 'y'alls' for a bit, too. Let's keep this going everyone. How about that recipe for ambrosia....anyone?
ReplyDeleteThank you for including me. It was great to hear about your memories and be reminded of my memories growing up in my grandma Katy's house and going to Aunt Della's. These were some of my favorite times. I had forgotten about some of the stories and things my mom had told me about. It has re-enrgized me and I have started cooking more of my favorite foods from when I was a kid. I am excited to pass the traditions on to my new family. Thank you! Love Vanessa
ReplyDelete